[Nut-upsdev] building on Solaris 10 (was Re: 2.4.2 freeze)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Feb 16 22:37:41 UTC 2010

Citeren Tim Rice <tim op multitalents.net>:

> Strange, Sun's compiler (Sun Studio 12) claims to handle C99

Flexible array members can be can't be (statically) initialized in
C99. I've added some autoconf magic that detects if your compiler
supports flexible array members and/or variable-length arrays. Most
likely it will, but probably doesn't support this GNU C extension (so
we can't use that). I'll work on a better solution after we get
nut-2.4.2 out. Hard coding the length to '2' doesn't hurt and will
only be a pain if we start adding subdriver info.

Please keep list traffic on the list