[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2669 - in branches/AsciiDoc: . m4

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 09:03:43 UTC 2010

2010/11/5 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org <nut%2Bdevel at de-korte.org>>

> Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>

>  Log:
>>> Add checking minimum required version for AsciiDoc tools
>>>

>> I noticed that somewhere around this commit, the documentation stopped
>> being built by default in BuildBot.
>>
>> Before I go digging too far, should I just add "--with-doc=auto" to the
>> configure parameters, or should that eventually be included in the
>> "--with-all=auto" settings?
>>

> We already have '--with-doc=auto' on the configure commandline, so this
> isn't needed. Howevere, there seems to be a problem interpreting the
> versions returned by the AsciiDoc tools (from the r2672 Debian-etch build,
> similar for the other buildbots):
>
>  checking for asciidoc... /usr/local/bin/asciidoc
>> checking for asciiDoc version (8.6.3 minimum required)... asciidoc 8.6.3
>> found
>>

> Here it works as expected. Even though the version string we're comparing
> against is 'asciidoc 8.6.3', the AX_COMPARE_VERSION macro seems to
> understand it should skip the initial non-numerals.
>
>  checking for a2x... /usr/local/bin/a2x
>> checking for a2x version (8.6.1 minimum required)... a2x 8.6.1 is too old
>>

> Oops. The above causes the 'nut_have_asciidoc' variable to be set to 'no',
> which means that the prerequisites for building the documentation are not
> met and it will not be build regardless of any configure setting.
>
>  checking for dblatex... /usr/bin/dblatex
>> checking for dblatex version... dblatex version 0.2-2 found
>>

> Here we only report the version (nothing more) so this isn't a problem.
>
>  checking whether to build and install documentation... no
>>

> And finally, the decision is made not to build the documentation. Most
> likely we'll need to strip the initial part of the return from the 'a2x
> 8.6.1' version string, since that will probably be treated as '2.8.6.1' now
> (it works when I lower the requirement to 1.0.0). I'll see what I can do...

indeed, asciidoc / a2x return the version in the form "<appname> <version>",
which implies that we have to strip the <appname> part. that's also why I've
only made a comment on the requirement, and not implemented it, along with
the fact that we actually require the not yet published 8.6.3 (to fix
various issues, like the chunked HTML generation), and that BB slaves only
provide 8.6.1 at most.

btw, do you want me to ask Stuart to remove the <appname> part, of to
provide a "value only" version?

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com