[Nut-upsdev] Problems with blazer_usb. Driver will not shut down my UPS

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 22:16:26 UTC 2014

2014/1/3 Eirik Skorstad <eskorsta at hotmail.com>:
> Hi there!

Hi

> Seems like the driver is accepting both, however, the shutdown command
> wont work. And this is what I get when i run upsdrvctl shutdown
> <ups-name>:
>
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.3
> Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.04 (2.6.3)
> Initiating UPS shutdown
> instcmd: command [shutdown.stop] failed
> instcmd: command [shutdown.stop] failed
> instcmd: command [shutdown.stop] failed
> Shutdown failed!
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Assuming shutdown.return works when issued via upscmd (does it work?),
the problem seems to be that your UPS doesn't accept a shutdown.stop
when there's no shutdown pending (or, maybe, the UPS doesn't support
it at all), therefore the shutdown sequence cannot continue and issue
the shutdown.return command.
That problem has been addressed in commit:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/commit/d079be2e4aab3c1999d99e87d70de5ee24309a31

It should be available in 2.7.1