[Nut-upsdev] [HCL] NHS Expert C Online 6000 supported by gamatronic

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 13:55:58 UTC 2014

On Nov 12, 2014, at 5:46 AM, Thiago Wiezbicki <thiagowzb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Device Manufacturer: NHS
> Device Name: Expert C Online 6000
>
> upsc output:
>
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.current: 0.6
> battery.date: 01012014
> battery.runtime: 00000
Quick question: does "battery.runtime" update when the device is on battery, or is this field always zero?
> battery.runtime.low: 59940
"battery.runtime.low" should be the number of seconds remaining before switching to "LB" status. This seems large, even for a 6000 VA UPS. Is this configurable?
> battery.temperature: 29
> battery.voltage: 210.5
210.5 V seems reasonable for the specifications. Is there a way in the SEC protocol to report "battery.voltage.nominal"?
> device.mfr: NHS Sistemas de Energia
> device.model: EXPERT GIII  8kVA
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: gamatronic
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 20
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyACM0
For the HCL, should we list this as a serial UPS, or is it USB that is auto-detected by the Linux kernel as a USB-to-serial converter?

If it is the latter, what are the USB VendorID and ProductID? You can send the output of "lsusb -v" if you prefer. (This will help others with non-Linux systems.)
> driver.version: 2.6.3
> driver.version.internal: 0.02
> input.frequency: 60.1
> input.transfer.high: 265
> input.transfer.low: 165
> input.voltage: 217.0
> input.voltage.nominal: 220
> output.current: 0.0
> output.frequency: 60.1
> output.voltage: 120.8
> ups.firmware: EXOL(02).21
> ups.id: ----------------
Does "ups.id" usually report a unique ID, or did you remove it? (No worries if you did; we will just mark it as such in the DDL).
> ups.load: 000
> ups.mfr: NHS Sistemas de Energia
> ups.model: EXPERT GIII  8kVA
> ups.power.nominal: 08000
> ups.status: OL
>

> I tested shutdown sequence when battery is low and computer turned off. After, the UPS shuts down to and turn on when the energy came back. All it looks ok.
Just to confirm, the shutdown occurred via upsmon recognizing "OB LB" status on the UPS?
> Link to the description:  http://www.nhs.com.br/produtos_interna/id/TWpFeQ==
>

> We're brazilian manufacturer of this device and used the SEC 2400 protocol with full support. All it's working ok with gamatronic driver.

Thanks for the information! We appreciate vendor support for testing.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail