[Nut-upsdev] Roadmap to 2.7.3

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 13:44:37 UTC 2015

Hi Charles and the list

here is an update on 2.7.3

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 2:00 PM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> * #158: the branch has been collapsed into one commit, but additional
>> documentation (nut-names.txt) is needed:
>> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/commit/00b8c8383a2614fc0bc8df190402b2dc885848a2
>>

> branch updated for nut-names.txt + few minor updates.
> I've also rebased on master, but will need another round (following the 2
> branches pushed below)
> I'm still lagging behind the HW tests, so if you can, let's move on...
> otherwise, I'll do, but not today.
> I'll check whenever possible, but Igor's feedback seems good to me, until
> proven the opposite.
>

> Arno,
>
> I saw your commit, but I did not realize it wasn't merged. I think Igor
> has done sufficient testing, so do you want to merge it?

Beside from the known list of tickets for 2.7.3, I had some late additions
tied to "Eaton renewed implication in NUT" (ABM and Energy Saving, along
with the below ePDU one).
Sorry for the lag and lack of communication Charles... I'm still not in the
optimal zone...

The whole list of remaining things is:

- #197: upsc on ePDU show ups.status only (snmp) => DONE
That one is tricky: as commented, some devices (such as big ePDU) generates
too much info and upsd doesn't keep up in async (default) mode.
For the short run, I've added a *synchronous* flag to address this
exceptional case. That doesn't touch the normal behavior when not used.
Thanks to Daniele for the review and catching my errors :)
Branch (nonblocking_drv) merged.

- #190: upsd: NSS SSL only working in debug mode => NEED TESTING before
merging
Emilien has made a fix and PR  (#199: Initialize SSL after deamonize and
downgrade to user.)
The user (Melkor Lord) has ack'ed the fix.
The fix is indeed trivial but I want to ensure that there is no regression
for OpenSSL now (though theoretically, there shouldn't be).
Testing welcome, while waiting to discuss with Emilien to see if he did
some non-reg testing too.
Thanks a lot to Emilien for his work on this!

- Eaton ABM (Advanced Battery Monitoring): this is something I wanted to
address for ~8 years now. => almost DONE
This is now done in both HID (USB and serial), XCP (USB and serial) and
SNMP.
Eaton XML still remains to be addressed. But I've planned an XML cleanup
ticket for 2.7.4
(#201: Cleanup and complete Eaton XML v3 support / mge-xml code)
I'm still completing a few things, but it's almost good (final commit
pending).

Now, there just remain the Release things, such as NEWS and the like...
I'll be focusing on that now.
So almost good for 2.7.3. The big remainder is still NSS testing WRT
non-reg of OpenSSL.
To me, it's good to go. But considering the previous issue, I want to be
100 % sure this time :)

cheers,
Arno
--
Eaton Data Center Automation - Opensource Leader
NUT (Network UPS Tools) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org