[Nut-upsdev] Roadmap to 2.7.3

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 19:22:46 UTC 2015

On Apr 8, 2015, at 9:44 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com> wrote:

> - #190: upsd: NSS SSL only working in debug mode => NEED TESTING before merging
> Emilien has made a fix and PR  (#199: Initialize SSL after deamonize and downgrade to user.)
> The user (Melkor Lord) has ack'ed the fix.
> The fix is indeed trivial but I want to ensure that there is no regression for OpenSSL now (though theoretically, there shouldn't be).
> Testing welcome, while waiting to discuss with Emilien to see if he did some non-reg testing too.
> Thanks a lot to Emilien for his work on this!

Just tested Emilien's fix against OpenSSL on Linux Mint 17 - no issues there.

I did notice an issue when trying to test against OpenSSL 1.0.2a on OS X:

	upsd[27047]: Unknown return value from SSL_accept: Resource temporarily unavailable

However, this happens on master as well as the #199 branch, so it is technically not a regression. As with the previous bug, it fails safe, and does not crop up if SSL is not enabled. I'll file a bug, but I really don't want to tackle that until we fix the logging in the SSL code.


> Now, there just remain the Release things, such as NEWS and the like...

NEWS and UPGRADING should be up to-to-date, except possibly for your latest merges. I added UPGRADING notes for the NSS SSL issue.

Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/attachments/20150411/e7db113d/attachment.html>

More information about the Nut-upsdev mailing list