[Nut-upsdev] Roadmap to 2.7.3

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 08:28:34 UTC 2015

Hi Charles,

> On Apr 8, 2015, at 9:44 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> - #190: upsd: NSS SSL only working in debug mode => NEED TESTING before
> merging
> Emilien has made a fix and PR  (#199: Initialize SSL after deamonize and
> downgrade to user.)
> The user (Melkor Lord) has ack'ed the fix.
> The fix is indeed trivial but I want to ensure that there is no regression
> for OpenSSL now (though theoretically, there shouldn't be).
> Testing welcome, while waiting to discuss with Emilien to see if he did
> some non-reg testing too.
> Thanks a lot to Emilien for his work on this!
>

> Just tested Emilien's fix against OpenSSL on Linux Mint 17 - no issues
> there.
>
> I did notice an issue when trying to test against OpenSSL 1.0.2a on OS X:
>
> upsd[27047]: Unknown return value from SSL_accept: Resource temporarily
> unavailable
>
> However, this happens on master as well as the #199 branch, so it is
> technically not a regression. As with the previous bug, it fails safe, and
> does not crop up if SSL is not enabled. I'll file a bug, but I really don't
> want to tackle that until we fix the logging in the SSL code.
>
> Merged.

cool, thx!
let's see that #202 for 2.7.4.
Note that I've started the tickets triaging for 2.7.4. Feel free to add the
ones you think are worth for it.

> Now, there just remain the Release things, such as NEWS and the like...
>

> NEWS and UPGRADING should be up to-to-date, except possibly for your
> latest merges. I added UPGRADING notes for the NSS SSL issue.

cool (bis), I'll check over the day to complete as per my latest merges and
possibly (if time permits) to publish 2.7.3.

thanks and cheers,
Arno
--
Eaton Data Center Automation - Opensource Leader
NUT (Network UPS Tools) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org