[Nut-upsdev] nutdrv_qx and Best Power equipment

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 18:07:46 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 7:31 PM, hyouko at gmail.com <hyouko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Before I merge it (well.. provided that it works..), I'd like to know
> a couple of things more:
> 1. does the load.off command ('S00R0000') work?

load.off works.

> 2. does the 'C' command (mapped as shutdown.stop and load.on) turn the
> load on if executed while the ups.delay.start time elapses after
> having fired a shutdown.return?

I only tested the following case, but yes:

1) removed power
2) ran shutdown.return
3) waited for 30-second shutdown timer; UPS turns off
4) reconnected power
5) before 180 second power-on timer elapses, run load.on
6) UPS turns on

> 3. (OK, I lied - 3 things more) does the shutdown.stayoff command
> ('SnR0000') work?

shutdown.stayoff does not work - the UPS turns on immediately after
its usual (~5 second) self-test.

I tried it with both the default 30-second ups.delay.shutdown
(S.5R0000), as well as 60 seconds (S01R0000).

I don't think this is a regression for my model, although the docs
suggest sending the command without the "R####":
http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/cayman/docs/latest/protocols/sola.html#_shutdown_command

--
- Charles Lepple