[Nut-upsdev] (no subject)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:23:01 UTC 2015

On Mar 13, 2015, at 6:30 PM, cinowell <cinowell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had running OpenMediaVault server with NUT 2.4.3 megatec_usb driver. After the OMV upgrade, NUT also upgraded to 2.6.4. I realised that megatec_usb removed in this version. So I have configured to use blazer_usb driver. However NUT behaves incorrectly after switching blazer_usb. System is being halted upon booted up.
> Is it possible to use megatec_usb driver in the new version?

It might be possible, but the correct solution would be to fix the current drivers. (Note that blazer_usb has been superseded by nutdrv_qx in later versions of NUT.)

> # NUT 2.6.4 with blazer_usb driver
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.voltage: 27.00
> battery.voltage.high: 25.46
> battery.voltage.low: 20.37
> battery.voltage.nominal: 23.5
> device.mfr: TUNCMATIK
> device.model: DG1200VA
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: blazer_usb
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: auto
> driver.version: 2.6.4
> driver.version.internal: 0.08
> input.current.nominal: 8.0
> input.frequency: 50.0
> input.frequency.nominal: 50
> input.voltage: 212.0
> input.voltage.fault: 165.0
> input.voltage.nominal: 220
> output.voltage: 212.0
> ups.alarm: Shutdown imminent!
> ups.beeper.status: disabled
> ups.delay.shutdown: 30
> ups.delay.start: 180
> ups.firmware: VER1.01C
> ups.load: 0
> ups.mfr: TUNCMATIK
> ups.model: DG1200VA
> ups.productid: 0000
> ups.status: ALARM OL FSD
> ups.temperature: 0.0
> ups.type: offline / line interactive
> ups.vendorid: 0001

I am curious whether the UPS is always sending FSD, or if the bit controlling FSD is inverted.

Does the UPS have a "force shutdown" feature? If so, here's how to test:

1) Power down, and disconnect the UPS USB cable from the computer.
2) Power up the computer attached to a different UPS or wall outlet
3) Turn the UPS on
4) Kill the upsmon process (this will prevent automatic shutdown)
5) Plug the UPS USB cable back in
6) Turn the UPS off, and watch "upsc ups.status"

If the "FSD" indication disappears, then the bit is inverted, otherwise it needs to be ignored.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail