[Nut-upsdev] CENTOS 6.6 NUT RPM BUILD ISSUES

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 03:07:24 UTC 2015

On Mar 23, 2015, at 7:57 PM, Eric Cobb <Eric_Cobb at tripplite.com> wrote:

> Number 1 change - 2.7.2 no longer has the HAL scripts that 2.6.5 has.    I am working on if HAL is actually required on CentOS6.6 with the 2.7.2 code or if they have another way around it.  This is code diving which is taking some time.

HAL support in NUT was bit-rotting, so it was removed. It isn't necessary for the traditional /etc-based configuration method.

> Number 2 change  -
> RPM build errors:
>     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/bin/nut-scanner
>    /usr/sbin/upsdrvctl
>    A dozen + Man pages

See attached nut.spec (gzipped). Hasn't been tested, but it builds on CentOS 6.6 (after installing the dependencies from the error message the first time I ran 'rpmbuild -bb').

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail