[Nut-upsdev] On ups.status CHRG/DISCHRG Vs battery.charger.status

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:05:46 UTC 2015

Hi Charles,

> On Mar 25, 2015, at 4:11 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > 1) Keep the legacy CHRG / DISCHRG status bits for ups.status, along with
> the complementary ones for battery.charger.status. And advocate (document)
> for the use of / switch to the latter, that is more suitable for publishing
> such information. All that with an impact on all the NUT driver, and a
> transition period to address that cleanly.
>
> I prefer this option, for what it's worth. Let's not make ups.status more
> cluttered.

so do I.
FYI, the patch I committed for ABM use either one or the other.
I.e., if ABM support is enabled, status are published on
battery.charger.status and CHRG/DISCHRG are not pushed to ups.status.
And conversely if ABM is disabled.

cheers,
Arno
--
Eaton Data Center Automation - Opensource Leader
NUT (Network UPS Tools) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org