[Nut-upsdev] Cross-compiling for OpenWRT on Debian - neon libraries error

Seb Belcher s.d.j.belcher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:30:18 BST 2021

Hi all,

Bit of a noob question I'm sure but would appreciate the help.  The nut
package maintained for OpenWRT does not include the netxml drivers that I
need for my UPS, so I'm embarking on something a little outside my comfort
zone and trying to cross-compile from source.  The build system is Debian.

I've got quite far, and was able to cross-compile nut with default options
but adding the --with-neon is breaking it.  I've installed the neon dev
libraries on the build system and they seem to be detected during the
configure stage
checking for libneon version via pkg-config (0.25.0 minimum required)...
0.30.2 found
checking for libneon cflags... -I/usr/include/neon
checking for libneon ldflags... -lneon
but then it quits with an error.
configure: error: "neon libraries not found, required for neon based
XML/HTTP driver"

I've verified the neon header files are in /usr/include/neon beyond that,
I'm at a loss.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Seb