[Nut-upsuser] Re: MGE Evolution 1500 on Debian

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Wed Jul 20 14:01:23 UTC 2005

bonjour Fnor,

> I'm using an MGE Evolution 1500 with a Debian Sarge 2.4.27 smp server.
> NUT is using the mge-utalk driver.

first, prefer using mge-shut with Evolution models. This protocol
is smarter, and Evolution supports both the old ASCII protocol
(UTalk) and the newer one (SHUT).

> Seens I did a test.battery.start, my UPS goes off (beep!) once per week
> (same day, same hour). I guess there should be a very easy explanation
> for this, unfortunatly, I haven't found it yet.

in fact, it should have done the same before, as per ups.test.interval value
(default to 1 week)

> I've tried to upgrade to nut-2.0.2 (Etch package), my ups.status is now
> changing from: "OL CHRG OFF" to "OFF BYPASS" or "Data stale".

there is something wrong with the latest changes to mge-utalk.
I'll have to check that deeper...

Arnaud
---
... and much more ...