[Nut-upsuser] Re: MGE Evolution 1500 on Debian

Fnor fnor2 at free.fr
Wed Jul 20 19:09:47 UTC 2005

Bonjour Arnaud,

Thanks for the reply and hope you enjoy your holidays.

> first, prefer using mge-shut with Evolution models. This protocol
> is smarter, and Evolution supports both the old ASCII protocol
> (UTalk) and the newer one (SHUT).

Ok, I've switch to the mge-shut driver.

>>Seens I did a test.battery.start, my UPS goes off (beep!) once per week
>
> in fact, it should have done the same before, as per ups.test.interval value
> (default to 1 week)

That's strange; I have 2 Evolution a 1100 and a 1500.
The 1100 is ok.
The 1500 is beeping for every weekly test since I've installed nut one
month ago. I now only use the 1100 until I've solved the problem.

But since the last test yesterday, the Evolution 1500 does not stop
beeping and the shut driver report the following status: OL CHRG RB
Does it means I have to change my battery? This UPS is less than 1 year
old :-(

>>I've tried to upgrade to nut-2.0.2 (Etch package), my ups.status is now
>>changing from: "OL CHRG OFF" to "OFF BYPASS" or "Data stale".
>
> there is something wrong with the latest changes to mge-utalk.
> I'll have to check that deeper...

Note that diffrent versions also report differnt status with the
mge-shut driver. Which one should I better use?

2.0.1: OL CHRG RB
output.voltage: 0
ups.status: OL CHRG RB

2.0.2: