[Nut-upsuser] Re: NUT 2.x causes uhci-usb error messages in syslog.

Tom Murphy 2t6jzma02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:13:49 UTC 2005

Hi Arnaud,

  I attempted to switch to the newhidups driver. I changed the driver to 'newhidups' and the port to 'auto' in the ups.conf file.

  I also removed the HIDDEV support in the kernel. The UPS driver won't load at all, and won't give me any kind of useful messages (even if I invoke newhidups manually with the -D parameter.)

  Is there anything else I should try? I thought the newhidups driver only handled a certain kind of UPS?

 Thanks,

   Tom