[Nut-upsuser] Little help with NUT on a Energizer UPS

Wade Smart wade at wadesmart.com
Mon Apr 24 16:16:22 UTC 2006

04242006 1112 GMT-6

Im a fairly new user to linux, Ubuntu specifically, and am trying to
understand this NUT. I have a Energizer HMOF600 that I used when I was
still on windows. I didnt even realize it wasnt working until the power
went off this weekend. Someone in the Ubuntu forums suggested NUT. I did
a search and found a link saying my UPS was covered by NUT.

I have installed NUT via Synaptic. I also installed the cgi web
interface. I followed the instructions on putting the example files in
the other folder. When I open the web connection it says:
   Local UPS - error: Connection Failure: Connection refused.
My UPS has a USB connection.

Some help would be much appreciated.

Wade