[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown after 5 minutes?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 26 14:32:01 UTC 2006

Hello,

Rob wrote:
> I've seen the same behavior when using the cpsups driver on Debian
> Unstable, but haven't had time to try to track it down.  Where are the
> shutdown timings configured?  From the manpages it looks to be
> configured in the driver, but the cpsups driver manpage says it doesn't
> support any options, so how would I check on the shutdown configuration?

FWIW: I am using the Powermust driver for a Sweex 800VA UPS.

I was expecting the driver to monitor the battery.charge of the UPS and
shutdown when reaching a sufficiently low percentage (with some time to
spare for a proper shutdown).
I did not find a setting to configure this.

In /etc/ups I have:

-rw-r-----  1 root nut   3764 Jun 28 16:40 ups.conf
-rw-r-----  1 root nut   1364 May 16 16:28 upsd.conf
-rw-r-----  1 root nut   2201 Apr 14 19:21 upsd.users
-rw-r-----  1 root nut  11178 Apr 16 13:49 upsmon.conf
-rw-r-----  1 root nut   3884 May 16 16:28 upssched.conf

upssched.conf is mostly empty, just a pointer to a script.
upsmon.conf defines shutdown, short delays and the amoutn of supplies we
expect in a healthy situation.
upsd.users defines my admin user.
upsd.conf sets who can access upsd.
ups.conf configures myups on a port with a driver.

Where can I influence the behaviour when power is lost?