[Nut-upsuser] Recommended UPS to buy for use with NUT?

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun Jun 4 12:10:50 UTC 2006

Clay Barnes wrote:

> On 19:06 Sat 03 Jun     , Arjen de Korte wrote:
> > Clay Barnes wrote:
> >
> > > I am running a home box (600watt total load, may expand to 800-900) and
> > > I need a UPS that can sustain power to that for at least 20 min, but
> > > I want as much time as I can get.
> >
> > Is that rated load, or actual load? That seems like an awful lot of

600 watt (or 600VA) does not strike me as an unduely large load rating
for a UPS. My smallest UPS has 800 VA. What did you have in mind
Arjen?  Also, 20 minutes runtime is not too much to ask. It's true
that the system can shut down faster than that, but a human might
appreciate a chance to save his work.

-- Peter