[Nut-upsuser] How to delay computer reboot until battery has recharged?

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at telia.com
Wed Jun 7 22:08:46 UTC 2006

Hello Michelle.
ons 2006-06-07 klockan 13:57 -0700 skrev Michelle Franz:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm using Nut quite happily with my Powerware 9125 and 9115 UPSs.  I'd
> like to delay restoring power to the computers after a loss of power
> shutdown until a reasonable battery charge has been restored, to prevent
> repeated shut downs in a brown out or storm situation.  I know I read
> somewhere how to do this months ago, but now that I need to implement
> it, I can't seem to find the documentation I recall.  Can anyone point
> me in the right direction?
>
> Any and all hints/tips/pointers will be appreciated!

Sorry to say but this is not included in the current driver. But the
ups have a 'Utility Return Stabilization Delay' that can be set between
0-18000 sec. And also 'Minimum Battery Capacity for Return' ranging
from 0 to 100%.

The current value is contained in the 'extended limit block' but the
driver is not reading the info from that at the moment.

It only reads the number of minutes it will remain on after a LowBatt
alarm has been given for the full rated load from that block.

So a quick fix is to hook it up to a Windows machine running the
software from Powerware and change this values.

I have many things on the to-do list for the driver, and this is one.

What NUT version are you running ?

Is it a binary dist or do You compile it from source ?

It is easy to make it read the info, but a little dangerous to start
setting parameters.

Regards
Kjell