[Nut-upsuser] Powerware 5110, SuSE10.1 & USB

Gary and Jane Pearce gary at thepearces.com
Thu Jun 8 03:54:25 UTC 2006

Thank you Kjell,

The permissions scripts (hotplug-ng) are missing from the SuSE 10.1
distribution. In the end I downloaded the sources to get the script I needed
then discovered your solution of adding the following lines:

# Powerware - bcmxcp_usb
SYSFS{idVendor}=="0592", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0002", MODE="660", GROUP="nut"

in a file called:

/etc/udev/rules.d/77-usbups.rules

did the trick once I found the typo I managed to introduce from your post :-(

Its a shame the 10.1 docs still refer to hotplug that caused a lengthy
distraction. The above seems to be the only addition required to the standard
10.1 distribution.

Now to get on with checking that it does its shut down the way its supposed
to !

Many Thanks

Gary Pearce