[Nut-upsuser] Negative values for ups.delay.shutdown and ups.delay.start

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jun 28 16:08:49 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 10:47:19 +0100,
  Carlos Rodrigues <carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
> On 6/28/06, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> >I was testing my new MGE Nova 1100 and I am seeing negative numbers for
> >ups.delay.start and ups.delay.shutdown which seems odd, but also seems to
> >be expected according to examples I have found for MGE Systems.
> >
> >Can someone explain or point me to an explanation of what those numbers
> >mean? The short descriptions don't appear to be compatible with negative
> >numbers.
>

> I guess it means "default". The correct way would be to initialize
> them to the actual defaults, but maybe they differ from model to model
> and there's no way to ask the UPS for them.

I'll play with these a bit tonight. I am pretty sure the UPS wasn't shutting
off the load (at least within the expected time frame) when low battery
triggered a shut down, resulting in the computer not rebooting after line
power was restored to the UPS. I am going to test this more carefully tonight
to see if I can get that working properly.