[Nut-upsuser] Misreported values with newhidups

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Sat Mar 4 21:30:44 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 01:55:41PM -0400, Peter Selinger wrote:
>OK, I just backported this bug fix to the testing branch.
>
>John, could you please check that it is now showing the correct values
>for your UPS? You can get the fixed version from SVN:
>
>svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/nut/branches/Testing
>
>then build as usual (./configure --with-drivers newhidups; make; make
>install). Please report back to the list.
>
>Thanks! -- Peter

Okay, I've got it running.  Took a little hacking to the init script to make
it look in /usr/local/ups instead, but I got it to start.

The values look much better now.  The only one which looks a little off is:

battery.voltage: 27.8
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0

But, frankly, I don't know if that's actually a problem.  The UPS seems to be
running just fine so I'm inclined to leave it be.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.