[Nut-upsuser] MGE ELISE PREMIUM 1200,NT 02 Serial Nr. 92HE04008

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 20:16:49 UTC 2006

Hi Samuel,

As a first note, MGE officially support NUT and its users, so you
could also have contacted the standard MGE support channels...

2006/3/8, Samuel Díaz García <samueldg at gmail.com>:
> Hi people.
> I'm trying to config a:
>
> MGE ELISE PREMIUM 1200
> NT 02 Serial Nr. 92HE04008
>
> With its serial cable into /dev/ttyS0.
>
> I had configured ups.conf, with no luck.
>
> Here is my ups.conf:
>
> [upscura]
> driver = mge-shut
> port = /dev/ttyS0
> desc = "UPS"
>
> The permissions into /dev/ttyS?:
>
> crw-------  1 nut  nut  4, 64 mar  8 18:43 /dev/ttyS0
> crw-------  1 nut  nut  4, 65 mar  8 18:42 /dev/ttyS1
>
> I tried with FC4 rpm (nut 2.0.2) with the same messages than nut 2.0.3 (manual
> compilation and installation) trying to load the driver:
>
> [root at cura etc]# /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.3
> Network UPS Tools - MGE UPS SYSTEMS/SHUT driver 0.65 (2.0.3)
> No communication with UPS
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>
> I tested the cable with a polymeter and is ok and appear to be in this schema:
>
> http://www.networkupstools.org/cables/mgeups.html
>
> I don't know how to test the comunication between the pc and the ups and see if
> its ok or not.
>
> Could anybody help me please? Is very important to have ups working in this pc.

there are some situation where the Ellipse communication can be stick.
The best way to reset the communication is to power off the UPS, then
unplug its power cable, wait (at least) 10 seconds and replug/restart
all.

Then the communication should be ok. To test it, launch manually:
mge-shut -DDDDD -a upscura

In case the problem isn't solved (hardware issue), contact me back.

Arnaud