[Nut-upsuser] nut on Mac OS X. Where to put upsdrvctl shutdown?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 15:58:50 UTC 2006

On 3/9/06, Jason Ferrara <jason at discordia.org> wrote:
> I've installed nut on a Mac OS X machine (XServe running Mac OS X
> 10.3.9). It all seems to work fine except.....
>
> I can't figure out where to put the upsdrvctl shutdown command in
> order to get the ups to cut power after the computer shuts down.
> There doesn't seem to be any sort of script that gets run at shutdown
> time.

Are you using a StartupItem? I thought I remembered this working under
10.2, but my G4 Cube is now running Linux, and the other mac is a
laptop, so I mostly use NUT for monitoring under OS X.

Out of curiosity, what UPS are you using? OS X is pretty good at
detecting common HID PDC UPSes, and it has its own shutdown system.
One of these days, I might try writing a NUT meta-driver that hooks
into the OS X power management API. It wouldn't return much info, but
it would push the low-battery shutdown functionality back to the OS.

--
- Charles Lepple