[Nut-upsuser] Re: NUT online compatibility lists (was: PowerWalker UPS - Re-branded Mustek ?)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 09:20:34 UTC 2006

please keep the list cc'ed as that kind of info can be interesting to others...

2006/3/30, roland <devzero at web.de>:
> funny -  _just_ got a mail from someone at AIPTEK (i wrote to
> support at bluewalker.de ) and those guy
> telling me, that their UPS would be on the compatibility list of NUT.
>
> strange enough that i see no "bluewalker" or "powerwalker" (yet ;)  and they
> don`t tell about the fact that it is a rebranded Mustek......

they didn't contact us in any way, nor contributed directly or
indirectly to nut!

> confusing
>
> sometimes i´m sad in what world we are living in.... (because everybody must
> do their "own thing" for their "own profit" and not telling the truth or
> hiding information). if everybody knew that powerwalker is supported by NUT
> and the would provide that information on their website - i`m sure there
> would be more people buying this product.

quite franckly, the only real NUT friendly manufacturer is (and will
remain) ... MGE! MGE is the one paying me, hosting NUT, letting me
developed their drivers as meta driver (ie snmp-ups and newhidups,
which were created the way to easilly add support for other mfrs),
sponsoring / supporting / helping  all nut related efforts (the list
is very very long [1])...

what makes me sad is to see opensource citizens not voting for the
real opensource friendly candidate! In the long run, that would also
force other mfrs to follow the same road.

Arnaud
--
[1] http://eu1.networkupstools.org/acknowledgements.html
and http://opensource.mgeups.com/contrib.htm