[Nut-upsuser] How do I resolve comm issues

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue May 9 07:28:26 UTC 2006

Hey Tuc,

2006/5/9, Scott Tuc Ellentuch at T-B-O-H <ml at t-b-o-h.net>:
> Hi,
>
>         I'm running into an issue while using FreeBSD 5.4, NUT from
> ports (2.0.3), serial on /dev/cuaa1, Ellipse 1200 USBS.
>
>         The ups.conf is :
>
> [ellipse]
>         driver=mge-utalk

Ellipse USBS units are bound to:
- newhidups when using the USB port,
- mge-shut when using the serial port.

mge-utalk is for older units, or the more recent that still come with
UTalk compatibility.

As mentionned in my previous (private) answer, the newhidups version
in nut 2.0.3 has a major bug with libusb which results in a crash.
Solved for the soon to be released 2.0.4...

Arnaud