[Nut-upsuser] SNMP-UPS with Sicon Masterys MC

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue May 9 11:37:00 UTC 2006

> Hello,
>
> I have in production one big ups of 30 kVA (MAS-MC 330). I bought
> recently one Netvision SNMP card and NUT is working with snmp-ups
> driver:

[...]

> I would like to know if NUT working with this UPS is able to shutdown
> gracefully linux boxes, because I saw that snmp-ups is marked as
> experimental. I can't perform a test because the UPS is providing
> power for 70 computers.

I strongly suggest to find a way to actually *do* perform a test at a time
that is convenient. You don't want to find out something is wrong in your
setup when the power is really going down and all 70 clients loose power
unexpectedly (and simultanously) with you being somewhere off-site.

At the very least, you should verify that your clients receive (and act
upon) a force shutdown command issued to the upsmon master and that the
upsmon master is able to see power state changes. Personally, I would also
check to see if the system is able to shutdown cleanly in case of a power
failure and subsequent reboot when the power returns.

Arjen