[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite SmartPro UPS and nut-2.0.2

Nick Golder nrg at timing.com
Tue May 9 19:42:40 UTC 2006

On 2006-04-01 17:37 -0500, Charles Lepple wrote:
> The SMART1500RM2U (which I assume is just a smaller version of the
> 3000RM2U) has a USB plug on the back - would that work for your setup?
> The tripplite_usb driver is still a work-in-progress, but it does
> detect the 1500.

OS: FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
NUT: 2.0.3
UPS: TrippLite SMART3000RM2U

I finally got around to moving the UPS onto a FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE box using
the tripplite_usb driver.  Again, this is a SMART3000RM2U.  Note that I
had to disable uhid in the kernel config as noted in a thread from this
week.

$ USB_DEBUG=2 sudo /usr/local/libexec/nut/tripplite_usb -u root -DD auto
Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and SMARTPRO driver 0.6 (2.0.3)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

debug level is '2'
usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 2 (on)
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb0
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb1
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb2
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb3
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb4
usb_os_find_devices: Found /dev/ugen0 on /dev/usb1
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
Checking device (09AE/0001) (/dev/usb1//dev/ugen0)
- VendorID: 09ae
- ProductID: 0001
- Manufacturer: TRIPP LITE
- Product:   TRIPP LITE SMART3000RM2U
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: /dev/usb1
Trying to match device
Device matches
USB error: could not set alt intf 0/0: Invalid argument
HID descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 52)
Report descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 52)
Found HID device
Report Descriptor size = 52
Detected a UPS: TRIPP LITE/  TRIPP LITE SMART3000RM2U

When I try to start upsdrvctl, I get this:
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.3
Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and SMARTPRO driver 0.6 (2.0.3)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

No matching USB/HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)