[Nut-upsuser] Various NUT issues/questions

Scott Tuc Ellentuch at T-B-O-H ml at t-b-o-h.net
Fri May 12 13:50:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

	FINALLY got my UPS working, YEA!!!! But now it brings
up even more issues.. (BOOO!!)

1) I'm thinking this is a UPS issue, but when I pull the plug
on my UPS, it goes from 100 to 30 in just a short amount of
time (Minutes). This causes the machine to shut down. But once
it gets to 0, its beeped its little heart out for a few more
HOURS providing power to the non-system items perfectly. The
power supply for the Soekris is only a .35A power supply and
puts out 12V 1.5A , so not like I'm shedding a huge load.

2) Lets say that the UPS gets low and the system shuts down,
but the power comes back on... I guess that means the system
stays shut down.. Whats the lowest number to safely set it
to shut down? (But then I run into the problem with #1.

3) Most of the values in UPSlog are NA, such as input
voltage, ups.load (Though I did see it say 4 ONCE, temp and
input frequency. When I do a "upsrw" I get :
[outlet.0.desc]
[outlet.1.autoswitch.charge.low]
[outlet.1.desc]
[outlet.1.switch]
[ups.delay.shutdown]

Is that the ONLY items I can get besides :

battery.charge: 0
battery.charge.low: 30
battery.runtime: 00000
driver.name: mge-shut