[Nut-upsuser] Difficulty over USB with a CyberPower 800AVR and

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun May 21 18:48:34 UTC 2006

No, not really. The only "mistake" you made was that you used a stable
version of NUT, rather than the bleeding edge development version.
This problem will solve itself over time, as today's development
version will become tomorrow's stable version.

I have, however, added a few remarks to the cyberpower man page.

Woogie wrote:
> I'm getting useful information from upsc now

Could you please post the output of upsc for the record? Your device
is an 800AVR, which is similar, but not identical, to the device that
this driver was written for.

I would also like to see the output of "newhidups -u root -DD -a MyUPS
auto", particularly the lines starting with "Path:". This, together
with the output of upsc, will allow me to verify that the driver is
complete and not missing any features.

You should also test the shutdown procedure. This includes making sure
that "newhidups -k" is working correctly (make sure you don't have
your computer plugged into the UPS when you try this).

You might also want to test which of the instant commands are
working. Commands that you might test (with upscmd) are:
test.battery.start.quick, test.battery.start.deep, test.battery.stop,
test.panel.start, test.panel.stop, load.off, load.on, shutdown.return,
shutdown.stop, beeper.on (might only work during an "on battery"
situation), beeper.off.

Not all of these will probably be supported, but again, it would be
nice to have the information for the record of what works and what
doesn't.

Thanks, -- Peter