[Nut-upsuser] Calibrating the Battery on an MGE Ellipse Premium 1200

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 00:00:49 CET 2006

On 11/4/06, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro at pedrocr.net> wrote:
> My new MGE Ellipse Premium 1200 is now working fine. I've tested
> pulling the plug and the computer shuts down properly and comes back
> up when I replug.

Saw your other thread discussing HAL - is your current setup using NUT
to determine when to shut down, or is NUT just telling another
subsystem when the UPS is on battery power (which might just use a
timer, instead of waiting for a low battery condition)?

> The only strange behaviour is that when I put the
> power back on the battery shows as being at 86%. If it was at 86% it
> should have lasted longer. Is there any calibration step I can do? The
> only commands the ups seems to support are:
>
> $ upscmd -l mge1200 at localhost
> Instant commands supported on UPS [mge1200 at localhost]:
>
> load.off - Turn off the load immediately
> load.on - Turn on the load immediately

What about variables?

Try:

$ upsrw mge1200 at localhost

The "battery.charge.low" might be set to a high percentage.

--
- Charles Lepple