[Nut-upsuser] Sweex 1000VA UPS

YvesDM ydmlog at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 09:51:42 CET 2006

On 11/11/06, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:

> > The problem was the serial cable.
>
> That why I recommended to try it under Windows with the bundled
> software, to rule out a problem like this.

I see.

> For contact closure type UPSes, they almost never are.

Ok, I will remember that!

> > I don't know if the ups will actually shutdown the system now on low
> > battery.
>
> Assuming that the monitoring works (which looks like it), it probably
> will, as you already found out during earlier tests where your system
> kept on rebooting when the serial cable was not connected. This is
> essentially the same as OB LB for upstype=7.

Yes, but I just want to be sure tht the state "LB" is going to show up.
When this happens I'm pretty sure the thing will do what it's supposed to do.
I'm also wondering if the system will boot up when the powerline comes
online again. That would be very nice!

> > upsc ain't showing much information on the battery status here, but as
> > far as I remember I've read somewhere in the docs that this is normal with
> genericups
> > drivers, not?
>
> On Battery and Low Battery are the only two status signals available, so
>  no fancy voltage readings, load percentages and battery charge. If you
> want that, you need a smarter UPS.

I don't really care about those fancy readings. I'm not watching those
stats all day :-)
If it does what it should do and protect my system in a decent way on
powerfails, I'm more then happy!
[...]

> Good! I'm glad that in the end things worked out for you.
So am I, Thanks again for all your help and pointings in the redirection.

Kind regards,
Yves