[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar M 3000 communication problems

Ingo Schaefer ingo at ingo-schaefer.de
Thu Oct 5 12:57:45 UTC 2006

Hi Arnaud,
Am Donnerstag, den 05.10.2006, 14:33 +0200 schrieb Arnaud Quette:
> it's a really strange problem!
> Can you please make another test?
> after having stopped nut (mge-shut, upsd and upsmon), simply launch
> "mge-shut -DDDDD -a yourups", let it run for 1 or 2 mn and send me
> back the output.

suncore:root> /usr/local/ups/bin/mge-shut -DDDDD -a mge3000-1 |
tee /tmp/nut_output.log
debug level is '5'
entering upsdrv_initups()
entering setline(1)

entering shut_ups_start()

sent: (1 bytes) => 16
sent: (1 bytes) => 16
received: 85
sent: (1 bytes) => 16
received: 77
sent: (1 bytes) => 16
received: 16
Syncing and notification setting done
Communication with UPS established
entering shut_get_descriptor(n 21, 9)
entering shut_packet_send (8)
shut_checksum = af
sent: (11 bytes) => 81 88 81 06 00 21 00 00 09 00 AF
received: 16
shut_wait_ack(): Nothing received
Retry = 1
sent: (1 bytes) => 15
received: 16
shut_wait_ack(): Nothing received
Retry = 2
sent: (1 bytes) => 15
shut_wait_ack(): Nothing received
Retry = 3
sent: (1 bytes) => 15
shut_wait_ack(): Nothing received
Max tries reached while waiting for ACK, still getting errors
Unable to get HID Descriptor
Network UPS Tools - MGE UPS SYSTEMS/SHUT driver 0.66 (2.0.4)

This was the first time - nothing more.

I could "successfully" capture a second one, you will find the log file
at http://zeus.fh-brandenburg.de/~schaefei/nut_output.log

> you have also the option of a network management card, with our new
> Network Shutdown Module (still beta):

This I explicitely did not want, because I thought nut will do it.

Regards,
Ingo
--
"Milchreis schmeckt hervorragend, wenn man ihn kurz vor dem Verzehr
durch ein saftiges Steak ersetzt."