[Nut-upsuser] MGE Nova AVR 600 USB on FreeBSD

Rob Wise rob at wonk.org
Fri Feb 16 10:25:26 CET 2007

On 16/02/07, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:

> The server is reporting that it didn't hear from the server for 0 seconds,
> which means that elapsed must be less than 1. So maxage must be smaller
> than that, it can never be 60. Maybe the value is parsed incorrectly, so
> could you try commenting out the MAXAGE parameter from upsd.conf and see
> if that changes anything?

I have tried commenting it out again - it has made no difference.  If
I rename the file to something else upsd won't start so I know it's
reading the right file.

root# grep MAX upsd.conf
# MAXAGE <seconds>
# MAXAGE 60
root# ../sbin/upsd -DDDDD -u root
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
listen_add: added 0.0.0.0:3493
listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3493
Connected to UPS [mge-nova]: mge-nova
Pinging UPS [mge-nova]
Pinging UPS [mge-nova]
sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
Data for UPS [mge-nova] is stale - check driver
Pinging UPS [mge-nova]
sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
Pinging UPS [mge-nova]
sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
^Csstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
Signal 2: exiting
root# mv upsd.conf foo
root# ../sbin/upsd -DDDDD -u root
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
stat /usr/local/ups/etc/upsd.conf: No such file or directory
root#

The interval between thing 'Pinging UPS' messages seems to be roughly
5 seconds.  Can I debug the parsing of the config file?

Cheers,

Rob