[Nut-upsuser] Help with nut 2.0.4, MGE Ellipse 1000 and FreeBSD

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 10:44:25 CET 2007

happy new year fellows,

2006/12/29, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org>:

> >> Alternatively to SVN, you may upgrade to 2.0.5-pre1, which was
> >> released on Dec 20. I think this contains all of the relevant
> >> bugfixes.
> > Ah, I forgot about that. Indeed, the fixes are in nut-2.0.5-pre1, so that
> > one should be fine also.
>
> Never mind that remark, it looks like I have some backporting to do from
> the trunk if we want to include these changes. The changes to
> server/upsd.c and server/sstate.c are currently *not* in Testing and
> therefor, *not* in nut-2.0.5-pre1.
>
> Other than that, I think that some recent changes to common/state.c should
> be backported too, to fix a memory leak in state_delcmd(). Arnaud, what do
> you think about that?

bug fixes are definitely welcome for the final 2.0.5...
so don't hesitate to backport theses change.

More generally, I'll start a discussion about the driver polling rate
(2 sec) which was accurate with the dumb and old smart units, but
which is really too high for recent / verbose units (that also support
an interrupt / notification mechanism, allowing to lower the polling
rate, while not missing events).

thanks for the MGE support during my vacation ;-)
Arnaud