[Nut-upsuser] Geek Squad UPS Systems

Kory Hamzeh kory at avatar.com
Fri Jan 5 18:16:18 CET 2007

> an easy way to test it is:
>
> open your serial port to your ups with cu (ie cu -s 2400 -l
> /dev/serialdevicename)
>
> once it is opened, hit <enter> (a couple times if needed).  if you see
>#2, type in P4<enter>, and post back the info it returns.

I haven't been ignoring this request. I can't seem to get any output
from the UPS, I tried every baud rate from 300 to 11520 with no luck. I
used minicom and disabled hardware and software flow control. But I'm
not 100% certain I don't have some cabling issue. I assume I can use a
straight through cable (as opposed to a cross over)?

I need to find some device here has use an RS-232 interface to make sure
I have things correctly. It difficult to find anything that uses a
serial port anymore.

Kory