[Nut-upsuser] hidups can't find device

Ernest Aigner ernest.aigner at gmx.at
Thu Jan 4 20:33:22 CET 2007

Hello,

I try to install my APC Back-UPS RS 800 on my debian system (Etch):

Linux aigner 2.6.18-3-686 #1 SMP Mon Dec 4 16:41:14 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

When i try to start the driver an i use hidups i get this failure massage:

aigner:/lib/nut# upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.4
Network UPS Tools: HID UPS driver 0.13 (2.0.4)

Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

hiddev path open auto: No such file or directory
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

When i use the newhidups driver, he tells me this:

aigner:/lib/nut# upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.4
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.4)

No matching USB/HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Where is the Problem? I have installed libhdiv because i thought this
was the problem, but it doesn't solved it.

Does anyone has an idea?

mfg Ernest Aigner