[Nut-upsuser] SNMP/management front-ends

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 06:07:50 CET 2007

On 1/2/07, Eric A. Hall <ehall at ehsco.com> wrote:

> It looks like upsc is reporting most of
> the data, although it's missing a couple of things like battery charge,
> and the ability to control the four independent loads.

The trunk (after rev 720) has battery.charge support in the
tripplite_usb driver. I tested this with a RM15002U, and it looks like
the charge number calculated by the UPS is all over the map. It did
look slightly better after running the battery calibration ("upscmd
test.battery.start <ups>", basically).

Before I started playing with Cacti, I had a basic set of RRD graphs
for my home UPS, and I found that it was more helpful to have a graph
of battery voltage so that I could second-guess the UPS's
state-of-charge algorithm. I don't know if Cacti allows you to zoom
the default graphs, but it would help to display only from, say, 32V
to 42V on a 36V nominal system.

Outlet control is on a branch at the moment - it's pretty rough code.

Let me know how the testing goes. For outlet control, it would be
handy to get the value of the ups.debug.V variable, as well as a list
of the load numbers and names. (I think they're the same on the
RM15002U as on the RM2200XL2U, but it never hurts to check.)

--
- Charles Lepple