[Nut-upsuser] nut-upsd on mac os

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 18:27:31 CET 2007

On 1/11/07, Robert Welz <welz at fixe-post.de> wrote:
> Am 11.01.2007 um 01:48 schrieb Charles Lepple:
> > On 1/10/07, Robert Welz <welz at fixe-post.de> wrote:
> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> I have an cheap seriell to usb adapter with the Prolific chipset
> >> hooked on my mac, but I don't know which tty to configure. OS X
> >> regognizes the device in its system profiler.
> >>
> >> /dev/ttys0 seems wrong.
> >
> > What does 'ls -l /dev/tty.*' return?
> >
> > --
> > - Charles Lepple
>

> nausciaa:/Users/rwelz root# ls /dev/tty.*
> /dev/tty.ws_iiCOM       /dev/tty.ws_iiFAX       /dev/tty.ws_iiMLPPP
>
> I am confused, that is from my webshuttle isdn modem.
>
> Could is be that I miss something? The system profiler returns:
> USB-Serial Controller:
>
>    Version:     3.00
>    Bus-Strom (mA):      500
>    Geschwindigkeit:     Bis zu 12 MBit/s
>    Hersteller:  Prolific Technology Inc.
>    Produkt-ID:  0x2303
>    Hersteller-ID:       0x067b
>
> but no tty.* entry. Could that mean I have no driver installed? But
> then the system profiler wouldn't display the device?

All of the above information about the Prolific adapter can be
displayed without a driver. (USB devices can contain strings like
"USB-Serial Controller".) It doesn't look like you have an OS X driver
- there may be an OS 9 driver installed, but that won't show up in
/dev, so it will not work with NUT.

--
- Charles Lepple