[Nut-upsuser] Nut with Powercom iCute ICT-530U (USB)

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Jan 23 18:11:56 CET 2007

=?windows-1252?Q?Dominik_Gora=3Bczkowski?= wrote:

> Peter Selinger napisa?(a):
> > I don't know if it would be possible to write a driver for your UPS.
> > There is currently a project for getting a serial-over-usb megatec
> > protocol to work.
> >
> > If you send the output of
> >
> > newhidups -DD -u root -x explore -x vendorid=0d9f auto
> >
> > , I might be able to tell you whether it resembles other devices that
> > we have seen. -- Peter
> >
> Here's the output - the messages are suggesting, that the newhidups
> driver recognizes the UPS somehow:

Yes, the -x explore option forces that. But there is a big difference
between being able to open a device, and understanding the language it
speaks. The output from your device, unfortunately, does not resemble
anything we have seen before. Very unlikely that there'll be a driver
for it in NUT anytime soon, unless somebody volunteers to take up the
project, which would mean experimenting.

Since there is only one "Input" and one "Output" field, it is perhaps
likely that the device expects serial data to be written and read from
these. However, it is not clear in what format.

So, sorry for the bad news. -- Peter