[Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Jon Gough jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au
Sun Jan 28 08:27:19 CET 2007

Peter,
    I generated a new subdriver using the suggested method of running
./drivers/usbhid-ups -DDDD -u nut -x explore -x vendorid=ffff auto >& /tmp/info

followed by pumping this into
./scripts/subdriver/path-to-subdriver.sh

Then make all, and make install . I don't get any error messages, I
just don't seem to get what I expect, which is some of the details
from the UPS.

    Whilst I do have windows software for this device, I would not
know where to start to decode what it is doing so that I could
replicate it in the NUT system.

Jon

At 18:16 28/01/2007, Peter Selinger wrote:
>Jon Gough wrote:
> >
> > Oooppss. Lets try with less data!
>
>Yes, I also had trouble posting to the list because of the size
>limit. It might help if you could teach your mailer not to repeat the
>entire message in HTML at the end of each message.
>
> > Peter,
> >     Here is the line that I pruned out.
> >
> > Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30 (2.1.0)
> >
> > When I start the driver with
> >   /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl -u nut start
> >
> > I get the following messages
> >
> > Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.1.0
> > Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30 (2.1.0)
> >
> > Detected a UPS: UIS Ablerex/Ablerex USB Interface 049e
> > Using subdriver: Upsilon HID 0.1
>
>OK, so you are using some patch that I have not seen. There is no
>"Upsilon" subdriver in the official NUT sources.
>
> > Then I issue
> >   /usr/local/ups/sbin/upsd -u nut
> >
> > and get
> >
> > Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
> > upsd: listening on 0.0.0.0:3493
> > Connected to UPS [eclipse]: eclipse
> >
> > Then I try to see what is available from the driver with
> >   /usr/local/ups/bin/upsc eclipse
> >
> > and get
> >
> > Activepower: 0
> > Apparentpower: 0
> > driver.name: usbhid-ups
> > driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> > driver.parameter.port: auto
> > driver.version: 2.1.0
> > Shutdown.Delay: 0
> > Startup.Delay: 0
> > ups.mfr: UIS Ablerex
> > ups.model: Ablerex USB Interface 049e
> > ups.status: WAIT
>
>OK, sure, you are getting ahead of the game. There is no point in this
>unless the driver can first communicate with the UPS.
>
> > If I try
> >   /usr/local/ups/bin/upsc eclipse battery.voltage
> >
> > I get
> >
> > Error: Variable not supported by UPS
> >
> >     Yet battery.voltage is defined in the hid_info_t variable.
> >
> >     It looks like only part of the output is being read. But at this
> > point I do not know what to do to get further information from the
> > system. I have modified the stub to have the correct (I hope) labels
> > for at least some of the values that should be returned, but they do
> > not show up when I call the command processor.
> >
> >     I seem to be missing something in this process. Not sure what,
> > but I am getting confused about what I should have to do.
> >
> > Regards
> >     Jon
> >
><snip>

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000707-0, 27/01/2007
Tested on: 28/01/2007 6:31:45 PM