[Nut-upsuser] sweex 1000VA LB OB issue

Herman herman at ofzo.nl
Sun Jan 28 14:45:02 CET 2007

Hello folks,

I have a question regarding a sweex product. Its bundled with UPSmart v
2.12.
I installed nut accordingly to the user manual included in the software.
A quick check of data/drivers.list revealed to me i should use the:
"Sweex"         "500/1000"      "contact closure - shipped with
UPSmart"        "genericups upstype=7" driver

this driver loads just fine. I also checked the other sweex's drivers
they won't load.

However ups.status always returns LB OB. Its connected to mains and on a
windows station the battery reports about 88% full.

The manual :

OL means your system is running on line power.  If it says something
    else (like OB - on battery, or LB - low battery), your driver was
    probably misconfigured in step 7.  If you reconfigure the driver,
    use 'upsdrvctl stop' to stop it, then start it again in step 8.

The manual states i should go on with reconfiguring step 8 however this
didn't help me.. since i don't know what driver to pick.

Other info:

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5
Network UPS Tools - Generic UPS driver 1.32 (2.0.5)
UPS type: CyberPower Power99

/usr/local/ups/bin/upsc sweex at localhost
driver.name: genericups
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.parameter.upstype: 7
driver.version: 2.0.5