[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.0.5 released

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Jan 29 08:47:00 CET 2007

> I've tried with GenericUPS, had no luck (didn't get any response from the
> driver at all indicating it was online (or that serial comms were
> happening at all).  I'll double check this more in the coming week, it's
> possible I have a wrong cable or something.

There will be no feedback, other than the OL OB LB status indication. The
genericups 'protocol' just looks at modem status lines, there is nothing
more to display. All other variables are just hardcoded.

> It should be possible to test this with just the driver, manually, in
> debug mode, right?

No, without connecting a UPS this is useless.

> Or have I been going about this all wrong?

I guess. You'll *have* to connect a UPS, otherwise there is nothing to
verify. We already know the genericups driver works with other UPS'es, so
there is no need to check that. You need to check if it works with *your*
UPS.

Best regards, Arjen