[Nut-upsuser] "no longer stale" when disconnected with 2.0.5

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Jan 29 13:25:02 CET 2007

[...]

> I think this output doesn't help very much.

This is very helpful. The problem is not in the connection to the driver,
upd->data_ok switches between 0 and 1. Only the driver can change this
value by repetitively switching between DATASTALE and DATAOK. There is
nothing upsd can do about this, this is a driver problem. This is
consistent with the observation that all people reporting similar problems
are using the newhidups (or usbhid-ups) drivers. I can't reproduce this
with the 'safenet' driver either (different UPS though). Could you run the
driver with -DDDDD enabled to see why it is reporting this when the UPS is
unplugged?

> I have an additional problem with 2.1, "upscmd" doesn't work anymore.

Please indicate the exact command that you're issuing. Possibly with the
output of upsd with the -DDDDD option enabled (to see if it is receiving
any commmand). Also, running 'upscmd -l <upsname>' may be helpful.

Best regards, Arjen