[Nut-upsuser] initial configuration assistance

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:40:31 CET 2007

On 1/30/07, Gregory Orange <gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com> wrote:
> I've browsed the archives back for a few months and nothing has jumped
> out at me as being helpful, but since there doesn't seem to be a search
> facility it's certainly possible I've missed what I'm looking for.

For future searches, you can use Google with
'site:lists.alioth.debian.org nut-upsdev OR nut-upsuser' and then your
search string. Not pretty, but it works.

> "auto" is replaced with "ttyS0" when I change 'port' to '/dev/ttyS0'

In addition to Arjen's suggestions, have you checked that Gentoo is
actually calling the serial port /dev/ttyS0? It might be /dev/tts/0,
depending on how they populate the /dev directory. I don't know if we
have too many Gentoo users among the developers, so please let us know
so that we can update the documentation.

--
- Charles Lepple