[Nut-upsuser] Nut fsd command ignored: bcmxcp_usb driver, Powerware 5105 UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Jul 26 08:22:27 UTC 2007

>> upsd appears to send the FSD command to the UPS, upsmon then runs my
>> NOTIFYCMD (which halts my PC) but the UPS just doesn't turn off.
>> Here are the /var/log/daemon.log entries:
> I have seen a similar problem with usbhid-ups on an MGE Pulsar
> Evolution with Ubuntu 7.04. The machine shuts down on the LB signal,
> but the UPS stays on.
>
> My suspicion is that there is something in the Ubuntu shutdown
> procedure that is killing the driver (or upsd) before it can send the
> shutdown command to the UPS.

The shutdown command should be send in the halt script. By the time it
runs, both the upsd and the driver have been stopped already. You need to
call

    upsdrvctl shutdown

to power off your UPS. This will in turn call the driver again, but now
with the -k option.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands