[Nut-upsuser] abusing nut ups to do temperatureshutdownWHILEmonitoring UPS'es

Doug Parsons doparsons at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 26 13:43:44 UTC 2007

>Do you really need a fake thing? cant you fake it in software and
>once the
>temperature goes too high you just run a script which hooks into NUT and
>sets the TemperaturUPS to NO battery or something and shut it down using
>that? I was planning to use lmsensors to monitor the temperature and
>then
>shutdown.

In my case the temperature monitor is an external room montioring device
that is easier to integrate with a physical interface. This way is also
transparent to the systems and code. All my systems are serial based. My
master server currently monitors 35 UPS units and several more are on slate
to be added.

For me it is the simpler option. For others it will not be.

Doug