[Nut-upsuser] Belkin F6C1500-TW-RK won't stay powered off

Matthew Coffin MEWCOFFI at DAL.CA
Tue Jun 5 12:31:42 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm using nut to control a Belkin F6C1500-TW-RK ups (vendor ID 050d, product ID
0751).  I'm using the belkin driver and a serial connection for communications.
 The host computer is running Debian.

I have things configured such that both my computer and the ups shut off when
the battery level reaches a critical level, and everything seems to work fine
up to this point.  My problem is that the ups doesn't stay off, even if the
line voltage hasn't been restored.  After being off for about 10 seconds, the
ups turns back on, and subsequently supplies power to its outlets, which causes
my computer to restart.  After the computer boots and upsmon starts running, it
detects that the ups battery level is still critical, so the computer shuts
down again, along with the ups.  I haven't tested this extensively, but I
assume this cycle would continue until there is no longer enough battery power
to start the ups.

When the battery level reaches a critical level, I want the computer to shut
down and the ups to power off and remain off until the line power is restored.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening/how to fix it would be greatly
appreciated.

Matt Coffin