[Nut-upsuser] APC/MGE and NUT support

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Mar 13 19:30:50 CET 2007

> 2007/3/9, Jon Gough <jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au>:
> >
> > Arnaud,
> >   I know this may be contentious, but what benefit does Schneider gain
> >from supporting the NUT software? Does Schneider intend to sell UPS control
> >software? If so the NUT software may be in direct competition. If not, they
> >may not consider the cost worth it for a 'few' linux machines, as they may
> >be looking at much bigger environment, ie 'Windoze servers', or current
> >mainstream unix data centres. Is the Schneider market considerably
> >different
> >from APC, ie did APC aim at small offices/ homes etc?

I specifically bought two MGE UPS's because they provide documentation that
allows support of their UPS's to continue even if they stop doing it
themselves.

There are other people that make this a high priority in their purchasing
decisions as well. I don't know if there is a significant share of the
market that does so.