[Nut-upsuser] Starting Network UPS Tools: (upsdrvctl failed) upsd upsmon ?

Theo G. Kanter theo at verkstad.net
Sat Mar 24 12:49:59 CET 2007

> You can't start a driver multiple times for the same UPS. So if you ran
> 'upsdrvctl start', the script '/etc/init.d/nut start' (that will do so
> also) will fail. You need to run 'upsdrvctl stop' first, if the driver is
> running already for whatever reason.

Thank you Arjen for pointing this out. After reading up on the man pages,
I also fixed the MONITOR line in upsmon.conf to pointing to [powerware] as
defined in ups.conf. So I redid this having stopped upsdrvctl and then
starting nut, now without the upsdrvctl problem but still with the lost
communications problem (see below). Do you have any leads what might cause
this or places to look/check?

# /etc/init.d/nut start
Starting Network UPS Tools: upsd upsmon.

Broadcast Message from nut at Bergvik
        (somewhere) at 12:35 ...

Communications with UPS powerware at localhost lost

Broadcast Message from nut at Bergvik
        (somewhere) at 12:35 ...

UPS powerware at localhost is unavailable

Thanks,
--theo